“Do as much as you can for as long as you can until you get to a point where someone on the other side of the industry needs you more then you need them.” – Anden
In this episode, I sit down brothers Pete and Tom of Anden. They’ve released on labels such as Zerothree and Colorize, receiving support from the biggest names in the industry (names like Above & Beyond and Armin van Buuren). In this episode, we talk about how they got into music, how to properly grow yourself as an independent artist, working as a duo, navigating the club scene in New York, and much more.
This episode is brought to you by Splice.
Splice is a platform and community for music producers that is revolutionizing the way music is produced. They have Splice Studio, where you can collaborate online with your friends, as well as share project files with your fans. They also host remix contests on their community page. They offer plugins on a rent to own basis, allowing you gain immediate access to plugins such as Serum and Ozone 8.
There is also Splice Sounds, which allows you to pick samples from a bank of 2 million+ samples for just $7.99 a month.
You can get a free month of samples by visiting splice.com/edmprod-create and using promo code “EDMPROD”.
Links from the episode:
Connect with Anden:
- How they got their start (2:05)
- How they became a duo (6:07)
- The keys to working as a duo (11:10)
- Starting a project from scratch (13:33)
- Working as independent artists (15:18)
- How to self-manage an artist project (18:38)
- How the club scene has developed in the last decade (21:24)
- How nightlife influences real estate development (25:40)
- What makes certain venues more successful (32:25)
- Soundroom Live (34:20)
- Pitfalls in the club industry (43:22)
- Working with labels (46:48)
- Working with Hyperbits (50:39)
- What’s next for Anden (53:16)
- Three final pieces of advice (57:20)