What does a day in the life look like for the CEO of a 21-person company?
- Different every day
- A lot of email
Jorge Brea, was born in the Dominican Republic and ended up in Tampa, Florida, where he spent his time making music (back when vinyl was a thing).
In 2006, he founded Symphonic Distribution, and continues to serve as the CEO for the company.
To learn more, I had him on the podcast to talk about the company, how distribution works, and whether it’s harder to make it in the industry today than before.
His advice to producers and labels is GOLD.
Right-click and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Symphonic Distribution is
- Day in the life of a 21-person company CEO
- Whether you should release independently or on a label
- The importance of consistency (especially when it comes to release schedules)
- How distribution actually works
- How hard it is to make it in today’s industry
Exclusive offer from Symphonic:
Jorge has kindly given EDMProd readers (well… listeners) a discount code for the artist plan on Symphonic Distribution.
If you want to get your music on Spotify, Beatport, iTunes, Apple Music…without releasing through a label or paying a lot of money (SD is cheaper than CD Baby and Tunecore), then use discount code ‘EDMProd’ at checkout.
This code will waive the $25 signup fee.
Intro song: Lycii & Declan James – Saturn