If there’s one person I have immense respect for, it’s Budi Voogt. He’s the smartest, most driven person I know.
He’s the co-founder of Heroic, a label and management agency. Instructor of the Music Marketing Academy, and author of The Soundcloud Bible. He’s taken guys like WRLD and San Holo to a new level through his management expertise, and helped empower many more creators, which is at the heart of his vision and mission as an entrepreneur.
Intro/outro song: Gill Chang X Snareskin – Subliminal
What we talk about:
- Orfium: can it replace Soundcloud?
- Soundcloud Go – a feature made out of necessity?
- How to do your best creative work and beat resistance
- Budi’s book – The Soundcloud Bible Third Edition
- Should you have a friend manage you?
- Why you should gain traction indepedently BEFORE trying to get a manager
- How co-management works
- What you should look out for in a manager (what to be wary of)
- The Fan Funnel: How to Build Your Audience (How to Gain Superfans)
- Should you use all social media platforms?
- Empowering creators
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]
Cool stuff mentioned:
- Turning Pro
- Deep Work
- War of Art
- Marcus Aurelius
- The Song Machine
- The Four Hour Workweek
Budi Voogt on the Web:
The Soundcloud Bible
Want to build an audience and gain super fans? Check out Budi’s book, The Soundcloud Bible.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!