I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find it nice to sit back and relax to some chill music over a “four-on-the-floor” banger. You know, music that reminds you of dreams, that takes you to a different place.
One artist who makes such music is Froogle.
He’s had tracks on popular YouTube channels like Chill Nation and MA Music, and has just launched a remix competition for his latest cover of Justin Bieber’s track Mark My Words, which you can enter here.
I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did.
What we talk about:
- Vocal processing
- Finding vocalists using social media
- Approaching the human voice as a synth or instruments, manipulating vocals to sound like pads/leads/bass
- How Froogle starts a track
- Mixing down a track as you go
- Tips for beating creative blocks
- Sampling surroundings for foley sounds
- Using a minimal setup
Cool things mentioned in this episode:
- Jimmy Allison / Austin Ableton Tutor
- Froogle remix competition
- Sonic Charge Synplant
- Julia Carmen’s The Artist’s Way
- Seth Godin’s Purple Cow
Follow Froogle on the web:
The Music Marketing Academy
Want more plays and followers?
Check out Budi Voogt’s Music Marketing Academy and get access to a free video series (includes case study on how Budi took San Holo to over 180,000 followers on Soundcloud).
Note: as a prodcast listener, you’ll also get a free 24-page PDF titled “Understanding the Music Industry” in which you’ll learn about the dynamics of the industry, the importance of booking agents and managers, and more.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!