Karanda (formerly a duo) consists of James Woods, an outstanding producer from the UK. He started producing around age 6, and it shows. He’s someone who’s mastered their craft, in other words, someone you should listen closely to and take advice from.
Listen on iTunes | Listen on Soundcloud
What we talk about:
- The importance of experimenting with different styles
- Going from one idea to another
- Improving workflow and efficiency
- Why James made the switch from Ableton to Bitwig
- Creating complex trance 2.0 basslines
- Morphing vocals into basslines
Cool things mentioned in the episode:
- BOS Electro Bass Tools
- Atomic Cloud
- The Mangle
- Zynaptic Morph
- Focal Solo 6 BE
- UBK Happy Funtime Hour podcast
- The Channel Strip Principle
- Hans Zimmer’s studio
- Hans Zimmer – Time (Karanda remix)
Intro track: Karanda – Supreme
Follow Karanda on the web:
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!