In this episode, I sit down with Noah Neiman, one of my favorite producers at the moment and someone who’s been making waves in the scene with releases on major labels like Armada Music and Enhanced.
Here’s the thing though – he’s also a doctor. I thought he made music full time (I mistakenly asked him during the interview about the moment when he decided to pursue music full time, and he politely informed me he wasn’t doing it full time). So, in addition to diving into technical stuff like how he processes his leads, we also talk at length about how to increase your output by using routines.
What we talk about:
- Balancing work and music
- Increasing productivity with routines
- Knowing the sound of your speakers/headphones/room
- Connecting different sounding parts of a song
- Coming up with ideas for melodies
- Layering and processing lead sounds
- Picking strong source material & tuning samples
- Advice for aspiring producers
Cool things mentioned in the episode:
- Noah Neiman & The Mutints feat. Adam McInnis – Borrow (Official Music Video)
- Izotope Mastering With Ozone Guide
- JBL LSR4328P Pak
Follow Noah on the web:
The Music Marketing Academy
Want more plays and followers?
Check out Budi Voogt’s Music Marketing Academy and get access to a free video series (includes case study on how Budi took San Holo to over 180,000 followers on Soundcloud).
Note: as a prodcast listener, you’ll also get a free 24-page PDF titled “Understanding the Music Industry” in which you’ll learn about the dynamics of the industry, the importance of booking agents and managers, and more.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!