Beat the Resistance
The Producer Mindset Mastery program helps you build a rock-solid creative mindset to overcome the resistance that plagues every producer.
You wake up on a Saturday morning. It’s sunny, the birds are chirping, you feel well rested (not hungover), and you’ve just brewed a fine cup of coffee.
Your schedule is cleared. You have hours of time ahead of you to make music.
There’s no better feeling, right? Knowing that you have the full day ahead. No distractions. Just you in the studio, getting work done and making magic.
But soon after you sit down to work on music, you encounter this feeling of resistance.
You start to doubt yourself.
You get stuck. You don’t know where to go.
You feel like you’ve got writer’s block.
The excitement of having a full day to produce music quickly turns into despair.
You realize you’re not going to finish any music…
…and so you give up. You procrastinate. You turn on Netflix instead. You feel sorry for yourself.
Then see if you can relate to the following quote…
“I struggle to put what I’ve learned into action and actually finish songs because I can’t overcome the creative resistance that paralyzes me.”
If you’re this person, I’m willing to bet that the following is true:
- You don’t have a solid creative mindset. In other words, you’re not equipped with the tools and tactics to solve and overcome creative problems that come up during the production process.
- You have no framework for applying what you learn. You either know a bunch of facts but lack real production skills, or you’ve practiced a lot but don’t really know what you’re doing. Either way, you feel like you’re falling behind with your production knowledge and skill while everyone else is moving ahead.
- You find it almost impossible to beat writer’s block. The resistance you face is consistent, it’s real, and you don’t know how to deal with it. As a result, you find it hard to finish (or even start) tracks.
The 3 things you’ve probably tried (with no success)
So, you can’t finish music. You don’t feel creative. You face this resistance.
Chances are, you’ve already tried to fix this. And you’ve probably done at least one of the following…
- Forcing it. Someone told you that it’s just about working harder and not giving up. You’ve tried to just brute force your way through the problem, but it hasn’t helped.
- Learning more techniques & stuff. Maybe you figured that it was your lack of knowledge that was holding you back. So you watched more YouTube tutorials, read more blog posts, and asked for advice in Facebook groups.
- Random hacks & tweaks. Perhaps you thought that all you need to do is make a small change in your workflow or environment. Maybe you bought a new computer, downloaded a new plugin, or switched DAWs.
These three things don’t work.
“Forcing it” can only work for so long. Sure, there’s an element of pushing through the pain that’s necessary, but it’s unsustainable.
Learning more techniques and stuff doesn’t solve the problem because you still face resistance. You still don’t know how to apply what you’ve learned, or you don’t have the fortitude to overcome writer’s block and put it into action.
Finally, random hacks and tweaks might provide short-term relief, but ultimately you fall back into the same patterns. Why? Because you still have no framework or strategy for dealing with resistance and other creative issues. Hacks and tweaks can take you from 80 to 90%, but not 0 to 80%. You need the foundation.
Producer Mindset Mastery
The three-week course that helps you systematically build a robust mindset, overcome creative problems, and rapidly learn new production skills.
Here’s what you’ll learn in each week:
Week 1: The New Paradigm of Production
- How to build a rock-solid creative mindset with Producer Mindset Mastery (an overview of the program).
- Why music production is hard—but how you can crush it anyway with the right framework and mindset.
- How to find the right balance between theory and practice so that you don’t just become “book smart” without having any practical music production skills.
- The new paradigm of production and how to succeed in it without falling victim to market saturation, trends, and lack of focus.
- The roadmap for becoming a productive, creative artist.
- The three common pitfalls that cause most electronic music producers to quit… and how to avoid them.
Week 2: Building The Ultimate Producer Mindset
- The foundations of artist success: putting together your vision, goals, and systems.
- Fighting the Resistance that plagues every artist: how to kill the inner self that wants you to stay comfortable and not achieve anything.
- Developing superhuman focus and executing like a pro.
- Building rational confidence and adopting the growth mindset so you can feel excited every time you open your DAW (even if you’re not truly confident in your abilities yet)
- The talent myth: why deliberate practice is the solution to the lies you tell yourself.
Week 3: How to Learn, Grow and Reach Mastery
- How to learn like a genius (the pyramid approach, deliberate practice, and systems for figuring out what to learn)
- How to be a ridiculously productive producer (and what it truly means to be productive)
- Optimizing your life and environment for insane productivity
- How to build your threshold for deep work—the one superpower that most producers ignore.
- Creating optionality: a roadmap from beginner to multi-skilled professional
- The T-Shaped Producer: How to build knowledge and skill in layers so that you become a generalist and specialist
- How I built a career in music education (and what I’d do differently if starting again)
Everything that's included in Producer Mindset Mastery
The full 3-week program
You get full, lifetime access to the 3-week Producer Mindset Mastery program.
This includes 9 comprehensive lessons and a total of 3+ hours of video training.
But it’s not just fluff and talk. Each video lesson has been carefully constructed to deliver exactly what you need to know at each stage. You’ll be learning the actionable, practical strategies—not just a bunch of information.
Worksheets for each stage
You can’t develop a solid producer mindset without putting in some work.
That’s why this program isn’t just about watching a few videos and then relaxing.
There are six worksheets included that will help you work through problem areas in your creative workflow, goal setting, habits and mindset.
Worried that you’ll get stuck while going through the program?
No problem. There’s three of us in the EDMProd team that spend time every day answering questions inside our course platform.
All you need to do is leave a comment below a video and we’ll get back to you within one working day.
Ready to get started?
Simple pricing. Instant access.
What if I don't like it?
As with all our courses and programs, we offer a 30-day “no questions asked” money back guarantee.
That basically means you can sign up, go through the whole course, and if you’re not satisfied with the quality of our teaching—you get your money back.
Plenty of upside, no downside. You can enroll today without worrying about the risk factor.
Email: [email protected]
Who am I?
I’m Sam. The founder of EDMProd and the instructor of Producer Mindset Mastery.
For the past six years, I’ve been teaching producers how to overcome creative problems and build a better mindset. Before launching our flagship EDM Foundations course (which has now helped over 2,000 producers), I wrote the book on music production workflow & creativity, which sold thousands of copies.
And if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the past six years, it’s this: most producers don’t struggle with the technical stuff as much as they struggle with overcoming internal resistance and finishing music.
So that’s my goal: get you to a point where you can enter your DAW with confidence, start, and then finish something you’re proud to share with the world.
Most frequent questions and answers
We recommend starting with EDM Foundations, our comprehensive program for new electronic music producers.
The strategies and framework taught in Producer Mindset Mastery centers around one goal: helping you to overcome resistance (creative block) and finish music.
If you’re struggling with this, then it’s the program for you.
Producer Mindset Mastery is completely online-based.
As soon as you make your payment, you’ll be instantly enrolled in the course platform and you can start the course straight away.
While we recommend you go through the course in 3 weeks, Producer Mindset Mastery is a self-paced course.
You can go through it as quickly or as slowly as you like. If you have a busy schedule, no worries. Take your time. You have lifetime access to this material. It’s not going anywhere.