“Don’t look left and right. Just look ahead and make yourself happy.”— KRANE
In this episode, I sit down with the very talented producer KRANE. We chat about how he got into music, when he decided to quit his 9-5 to pursue music full time, what his collaboration process looks like, his number 1 advice for beginners, and much more. He’s extremely well spoken, offering heaps of valuable insights and advice.
This episode is brought to you by EDM Foundations.
EDM Foundations is my course for new producers, those who’ve been producing for under 12 months, or even those who’ve just started. You can learn more about it here.
The whole idea of the EDM Foundations course is that you learn the fundamentals of music production by actually doing and not just learning concepts. The course consists of 12+ hours worth of streamable video where I walk you through the creation of 3 songs, and give you advice for creating your own original.
We’ve had over 1000 people sign up for the course, many of them have had great results. Hope to see you in there.
Links from the episode:
Connect with KRANE:
- How Zach got into music (3:36)
- Working a 9-5 while producing (6:10)
- Developing a career (9:59)
- Quitting his job to pursue music full time (11:44)
- How his 9-5 aided his music production (14:54)
- The struggles of being a full time musician (16:45)
- Realistic downsides to the touring life (19:55)
- His album Fallout (21:25)
- Collaboration advice (23:39)
- His #1 collaboration tip (27:36)
- Productivity and habits (28:42)
- How to stay on track with your goals (31:21)
- His Sessions project (34:37)
- Dog barking (35:49)
- The difference between professionals and beginners (38:38)
- Complexity vs. Simplicity (42:52)
- What’s up next (45:10)
- 3 pieces of advice (47:30)