In this episode, I sit down with with the very talented Laura Escude aka Alluxe. She’s a producer, controllerist, and violinist who’s worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Kanye West, Jay Z, Drake, Cirque De Soleil, and more. We chat about how she got her start in the industry, how she became the first ever Ableton Live Certified trainer, and how she balances her work with music.
This episode is brought to you by EDM Foundations.
EDM Foundations is my course for new producers, those who’ve been producing for under 12 months, or even those who’ve just started. You can learn more about it here.
The whole idea of the EDM Foundations course is that you learn the fundamentals of music production by actually doing and not just learning concepts. The course consists of 12+ hours worth of streamable video where I walk you through the creation of 3 songs, and give you advice for creating your own original.
We’ve had over 700 people sign up for the course, many of them have had great results. Hope to see you in there.
Links from the episode:
Connect with Laura Escude aka Alluxe:
- Her Background (3:45)
- Working at M-Audio (7:00)
- Working at Ableton (8:40)
- Getting into Live Show Design (9:35)
- Working with Cirque De Soleil (12:36)
- Difficulties of Touring (14:15)
- Scaling Back Her Career (18:20)
- Transmute Retreat (19:25)
- How To Get Behind the Scenes (22:50)
- Her Music Project Alluxe (27:00)
- Balancing Work and Music (28:27)
- Her Favorite Resources (32:45)
- What’s Up Next (35:40)
- Final Pieces of Advice (39:15)
- Sony Acid Pro
- Propellerhead Reason
- Cirque de Soleil
- Transmute Retreat
- The One Thing
- The Life Coach School
- Brendan Burchard
- Tim Ferris Podcast
- Ultimate Health
- Kevin Kruse
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Tarra Brach