In this first Prodcast episode of 2017, I am joined by Lucas James: the label manager at Seeking Blue – the imprint associated with the massive promotional network, Mr. SuicideSheep. Much like their network counterpart, Seeking Blue has proven to be one of the most forward thinking electronic music imprints and another impressively successful venture by this group.
Lucas details much of what has fueled that success for the label, what makes their imprint so distinct, and offers invaluable advice for aspiring producers hoping to reach an outlet for their music.
What we talk about:
- What changes the music industry faces and will face in the near future
- The importance of quick communication in the music industry
- Why being genuine and transparent will greatly benefit an artist
- How labels can work with an artist on their creative vision
- Building a personal relationship between artist and label
- Why Seeking Blue doesn’t ever sign artists exclusively
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]