The EDM Prodcast has prided itself on having a diverse selection of artists, yet oddly enough episode 41’s guest is the first from the Hardstyle end of the electronic music spectrum. Sam Matla sits down with the prolific Sam Gonzalez, better known to the world as Audiofreq. Considering his impressive discography, as well as his own series of invaluable tutorials and in the studio videos, it is no surprise that this episode is packed full of useful tips and incredible insight into Audiofreq’s career and creations.
What we talk about:
- How to reference commercial quality releases without discouraging yourself
- Looking past stylistic preferences to learn from genres outside of your tastes
- The pros and cons of the homogenization of the electronic music industry
- The unique creative process behind Audiofreq’s ‘Audiology’ album
- The challenges in the making of an album
- How to make hardstyle kickdrums
- Maximizing productivity in the studio
- The importance of having a regimented schedule for music production
- Identifying and understanding the source of writer’s block
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]
Audiofreq on the Web:
The Soundcloud Bible
Want to build an audience and gain super fans? Check out Budi’s book, The Soundcloud Bible.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!