Some producers shy away from branching out of their comfort zone, while Marcus Santoro has thrived under the pressure of reinventing his sound. From monstrous progressive house to emotional progressive trance, Marcus has carried his style between genres flawlessly – and plans to continue to do so.
While there might not be one singular reason for his success, this interview certainly has many gems that might shed insight. We talk about his minimalistic approach to mixing and layering, his technique to analyzing and referencing various different songs, and his love of organic sounds amongst the digital soundscapes. This episode of The EDM Prodcast has valuable information for novice and experienced producers alike, so enjoy!
What we talk about:
- Branching out into different styles of music and reinventing your sound
- Using organic sounds to create warmth and contrast between more digital sounds
- Approaching the mixdown process minimalistically
- The importance of listening to many different songs attentively
- Choosing select sounds that compliment each other
Marcus Santoro on the Web:
The Soundcloud Bible
Want to build an audience and gain super fans? Check out Budi’s book, The Soundcloud Bible.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!