Have you ever felt as if you could be doing more with your music, or life in general? One look at Stephen Kirkwood’s accomplishments across different ventures may send you running, or, inspire you to be as productive as him.
There’s much to be said about a person who is a successful entrepreneur while actively releasing his own music, engineering tracks for others, and doing A&R for record labels – and much of it is covered in this insightful interview.
To seal the deal in this episode you get two for the price of one, as Stephen is joined by his partner at SKapade Studios, Steven Galloni. This one is well worth the listen!
Listen on iTunes | Listen on Soundcloud
What we talk about:
- Organically transitioning from passion to business
- Adjusting the educational mindset to maximize potential
- “Act locally, think globally”
- Building the busiest part of a track first to increase workflow
- Pushing through the learning stages to achieve mastery
- Approaching education holistically
- The benefits of being genuine as well as appreciating negative feedback
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]
Cool stuff mentioned:
- ‘Think And Grow Rich’ by Napoleon Hill
- ‘How To Win Friends And Influence People’ by Dale Carnegie
- ‘Entrepreneur Revolution’ by Daniel Priestley
Stephen Kirkwood on the Web:
The Soundcloud Bible
Want to build an audience and gain super fans? Check out Budi’s book, The Soundcloud Bible.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!