Ranidu Lankage has a detailed history as a musician and entrepreneur, most recently pioneering the ever-growing tool for musicians known as The Artist Union. In episode 28 of the EDMProdcast, I sit down with him for an excellent conversation that provides actionable monetization methods for musicians, excellent tips for growing a base of ‘superfans’, and important insight into what value a producer can bring to the music community.
Listen on iTunes | Listen on Soundcloud
What we talk about:
- New methods of monetizing versus traditionally selling music
- The importance of connecting with fans as an independent musician
- What makes The Artist Union more than just a download gate
- Growing your potential superfans
- Providing value to the community as a producer
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]
Cool things mentioned in the episode:
- ‘1,000 True Fans’ by Kevin Kelly: kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/
- ‘Zero To One’ by Peter Thiel: amzn.to/27IegQL
Ranidu Lankage on the Web:
The Music Marketing Academy
Want more plays and followers?
Check out Budi Voogt’s Music Marketing Academy and get access to a free video series (includes case study on how Budi took San Holo to over 180,000 followers on Soundcloud).
Note: as a prodcast listener, you’ll also get a free 24-page PDF titled “Understanding the Music Industry” in which you’ll learn about the dynamics of the industry, the importance of booking agents and managers, and more.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!