Serik Slobodsky, known as Hyperbits and one half of his collaborative project The Rooftop Boys, makes his return to the EDM Prodcast.
We sit down and talk about some of the deepest topics and issues that aspiring music producers face. We start out discussing his favorite processing techniques, and then jump into the bigger-picture discussion about maximizing productivity, prioritizing your health and wellness, and embracing what it means to be an artist.
What we talk about:
- Using saturation and distortion to mold sounds
- Pairing your favorite processing plugins/presets with certain sounds through experimentation
- Balancing full time work while learning music production
- Maximizing the time you spend working on music
- Adjusting your schedule to be more productive
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle as a full time music producer
- Investing in a class or educational material to streamline the learning curve of music production
- Coping with “imposter syndrome”
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]
Cool things mentioned in the episode:
- In the Studio with Hyperbits – Creating ‘Piana’
- Hyperbits Webinar: Saturation & Distortion In Electronic Music
- The Four Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- Hyperbits Green Smoothie Recipe: ½ Avacado, 1 apple, ½ banana, 1 cup coconut milk (organic), handful of spinach, handful of arugula, 2 handfuls of ice cubes, a dash of nutmeg, and a bit of honey if sweetener is necessary (patent pending)
Hyperbits on the Web:
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!