I have to be talking to a pretty special guest to wake up at 5AM for a 6:30AM interview.
Graham Cochrane is the mastermind behind The Recording Revolution, where his mission is to empower home studio owners. He’s been running that website for over 6 years now, which he talks about in this episode.
We talk about a ton of stuff, and I’m not going to give any spoilers. All I’ll say is that if you have questions about mixing or doing freelance work, then this is for you.
What we talk about:
- Developing a portfolio as a freelancer
- Setting your rates for music production services
- The core concepts of mixing audio
- Mastering your own work versus using an engineer
- The essentials of a home studio
- Finding inspiration using new tools and physical settings
- Techniques for dealing with writer’s block
- Avoiding being overly technical in the production process
Cool things mentioned in the episode:
Graham Cochrane on the Web:
The Music Marketing Academy
Want more plays and followers?
Check out Budi Voogt’s Music Marketing Academy and get access to a free video series (includes case study on how Budi took San Holo to over 180,000 followers on Soundcloud).
Note: as a prodcast listener, you’ll also get a free 24-page PDF titled “Understanding the Music Industry” in which you’ll learn about the dynamics of the industry, the importance of booking agents and managers, and more.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!