I sat down with Steven Cymatics, one of the brilliant minds behind the newest and most impressive sample pack / music production resource website, Cymatics.FM. The interview goes beyond simply scratching the surface instead offering an in-depth look at the approach Cymatics.FM has used to grow exponentially, the psychology behind music marketing, and much more.
What we talk about:
- Making a career from music, avoiding the ‘touring artist’ mindset
- Forward thinking music marketing using various techniques
- Bringing value to colleagues
- Increasing interest and exposure for your brand
- How to plan for releasing music
- Properly investing resources to perfect your art
- Learning faster using different mediums, mentors, and collaborations
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.edmprod.com/itunes” info_trigger=”hover”]Subscribe on iTunes and get episodes as they go live![/x_button]
Cool things mentioned in the episode:
Cymatics on the Web:
The Music Marketing Academy
Want more plays and followers?
Check out Budi Voogt’s Music Marketing Academy and get access to a free video series (includes case study on how Budi took San Holo to over 180,000 followers on Soundcloud).
Note: as a prodcast listener, you’ll also get a free 24-page PDF titled “Understanding the Music Industry” in which you’ll learn about the dynamics of the industry, the importance of booking agents and managers, and more.
Leave a rating and review on iTunes
Ratings and reviews help the podcast grow which means two things: I become happy, and I can also get more popular guests on the show. Head on over to this link and leave a rating and a review with your thoughts (you can just say “Thanks Sam,” if you like).
Until next time, have fun producing!